Please Login To Have Acess To All Forums,

Thanks,
Admin
Please Login To Have Acess To All Forums,

Thanks,
Admin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

**How To Catch A Cheater**

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin

**How To Catch A Cheater** Empty
PostSubject: **How To Catch A Cheater**   **How To Catch A Cheater** Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 4:21 am

I have noticed that alot of people that play on the servers get accused for cheating while they are not. These people have good aim and alot of members tend to think they have an aimbot. But to the difference between a very skilled player and a cheater is very big. Here are some steps you should take if u want to catch a cheater.

Step 1: If u think someone cheats, do !listplayers in console, look up his number and do /follow [number] in console. In this way the cheater wont think you're suspecting him. Dont do !spec, the cheater might turn his cheat off! And It Helps If You Say "Guys I'll Be AFK For Few Minutes" Smile

Step 2: Spec him carefully. Press ALT to see his amounts of headshots and his accurcy.
You can recognize a cheater by looking to the following things:

- Makes almost only headshots
- Has a very high accurcy
- His mouse movements are very "sudden" and unhuman when hes shooting. Its because when the cheaters presses his mouse button, the bot will automaticly put the crosshair on someone's head.
- Changes name alot. Some cheaters constantly change their name to avoid getting banned. Best thing is to do /players and look up his number.
- The player seems to know what happens behind a wall (wallhack). These are hard to detect, please spec for a long time so that you are sure.
- Doesnt have alot of xp. Cheaters are most of the time players who just started playing in the server and therefore have little xp. This doesnt mean people with high amount of xp dont cheat!
- Has a weird, hard to type name. This is only an indicator, ive seen many cheaters with normal names. But some cheaters do this to make it harder for the admin to kick/ban.

Step 3: Are you 100% certain its a cheater? Then if your high level, ban. If you cant ban --> kick and inform someone who can ban. If you cant ban and kick? Get someone who can ban as quickly as possible or do !finger [player] and write down his Usernumber. Tell this to someone who can do !banuser.

I really hope everbody will follow these steps. I think it will reduce the amount of players getting banned for no reason. If you think i missed something, please tell me, i will add it. Smile

Hope U Like It Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://ghostarmy.roflforum.net
GA|Insane/OWN

GA|Insane/OWN

**How To Catch A Cheater** Empty
PostSubject: Re: **How To Catch A Cheater**   **How To Catch A Cheater** Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 5:31 am

thats good and helpful.
Back to top Go down

**How To Catch A Cheater**
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Help Desk :: Other Guides-
Jump to: